Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Healing

Since my ankle injury I haven't had much to post in regards to my fitness and diet log. Speaking of the injury, I am walking again, heel to toe (instead of just on my toes like I had been for quite a while) so that's great news. It is still painful though and there is limited mobility. For instance, it's hard to point my toes which makes wearing certain footwear hard to impossible. It's been raining like the dickens here for the last, oh, I don't know, 5 million days, and I have a new pup that I'm trying to potty train and I would like to wear my rain boots. But, my ankle says no. Going up and down stairs is a bit weird and it's still very sensitive to the touch. But I am able to balance on one leg, all weight on my bad foot, so there has been significant improvement. I am SO ready to be 100% healed so I can just get on with my normal activities. I don't want to aggravate it or injure it again so I am being extremely careful and babying it. I have almost completely given up exercise since it happened, even though I am able to do strength training. I hate my "all or nothing" personality. But, I have to admit, I am really just trying to let myself enjoy the break and heal.

Anyway, until I'm back full steam, I thought I would do something with the blog daily so it doesn't feel like I'm neglecting it. Not that I think I have any faithful readers I am disappointing (although that would be cool), just that it was mainly supposed to be a way for me to document my progress ups and downs, and keep myself accountable. Well, I notice that while I haven't been posting, I haven't been really active either. It helps me. It's sort of like therapy. Although I don't know what therapy is like. I can assume this is a form of it.

For now, I'm going to post a great tip that I have learned along the way about either nutrition or exercise or maybe a recipe that I personally love. That way, I'm still an active part of my healthful diary until I'm 'active' again. :)

Take care all!

No comments: