Friday, May 28, 2010

Thoughts for the week

Started Ripped 1000 with Jari Love [again] this week and also some intervals on the treadmill. AND, took my first run outside since my injury. In fact, this is the first week in a month that I've exercised with any constancy. That stinkin' ankle injury sure did a number on me! But man it sure feels good to be back to normal. I feel human again. I feel like myself. I'm still sore, still a tad swollen, some limited mobility and I definitely favor my hurt ankle but at least I'm working on my fitness again. Plus, I've been trying to eat super clean on the week days but a little more relaxed the weekends. The weather has been beautiful so I've been able to get in some glorious evening walks as well. Life is good!

Not sure what my new goal will be. I have to think about it a little bit. I obviously won't be making my goal by June 1st. Ha! Oh well. For now, I'm happy with just saying I'll so Ripped 1000 3 times per week over the summer and once fall arrives, I can start heavy training again. I'll see if I can't lean out over the next 3 months, then try to build some muscle over the long winter months. That's quite a long term goal, but it's good to have short and long term goals anyway.

Besides my ankle, I've been putting up with a knee that likes to act up. I'm going to talk to my doctor about it next time I go in and see what he recommends. I've heard there are injections you can get for joint lubricant. Maybe that is all I'll need. Wow, getting older sure is a trip, isn't it?! LOL!

p.s. Have you ever heard of Nut-Thins? They are delicious, gluten free crackers made from nuts and rice flour (other ingredients too). Smokehouse is my favorite at the moment but they come in many other flavors. I am absolutely ADDICTED to them! I can't buy them unless it's a weekend when I plan a cheat meal, cuz if I have them in the house I'll eat the whole box. That's how good they are! Check them out! Nut-Thins

No comments: