Sunday, June 6, 2010

Ripped 1000

Last week, Monday, Wednesday, Friday I did the Ripped 1000 DVD. I don't recall that I was sore at all, it didn't take long to get used to that! It's a great workout. Almost an hour long, great compound weight training movements with bursts of cardio in between muscle groups. Keeps you going, no time for boredom! I can't wait to see if I notice a difference in a few weeks. Now, if I can just keep eating clean...

I do SO good with my diet until around dinner time and after dinner. I just don't know WHAT is up with that. Seriously! Every day, this is what I eat:

Breakfast: oatmeal with unsweetened almond milk, wheat germ and 1/2 grapefruit (yes, every day)
Snack: whey protein smoothie with frozen strawberries, almond milk, frozen spinach (you heard me)
Lunch: 2 eggs, 1 slice whole wheat toast (yep, every day)
Snack:(now, here's where the food starts to vary) usually a couple of handfuls of cherry tomatoes, a light babybel cheese, and some nuts. Maybe some turkey, but all in all, clean and healthy.
Dinner: I might cook a healthy meal, but it seems as though I like to go overboard here. Even though I have obviously gotten good nutrition throughout the day. Just don't know what that is all about. For instance, I might have fish and some salad but then I just don't feel satisfied. So I'll eat crackers, or I'll have a big helping of carbs (which I try not to do in the evening).

And gall darn it, it's summer. Know how hard it is NOT to eat ice cream treats with the family during summer?! I love the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches and bars. MMmmm, and only 100 - 160 calories.

Well, if I can get a handle on my evenings, and keep going strong with the DVDs, I should see improvement over time. It's all about what I'm eating. AND, staying off the dang computer!! Hahaha....

No comments: