Thursday, June 24, 2010

picture



From the waist up I'm happy with where I am. Toned arms, chest, back, abs. Of course, there's always room for improvement and I would love even more definition on my arms and abs especially. From the waist down....that is quite another story. It needs work people.


Working out has been going well. Steady. I am averaging 3-4 times per week. That isn't ideal (I prefer at least 5 times), but it is WAY better than 0.

I'm still on Ripped 1000 and I really enjoy it. It's still hard, but I have noticed some improvement in strength and stamina. Don't think I have "noticeable" results from that past few weeks but that is probably due to a less than perfect diet.

Why is it SO HARD to drop the sugar in the summer??? HELL-O....ice cream!

Besides giving in to temptations all too frequently, I've been a tad lazy. I should go for a nice hour long power walk every night, but I don't. I usually walk, but it's so slow paced because I have at least one kid and a dog with me. The dog has to stop and smell the roses every 3 seconds. Not much of a workout.

My goal for weekly exercise was ripped 3 times a week and shorter 20 minute cardio on off days. Weekends off. Now, I'm certain that if I can keep my cravings for ice cream (damn you DQ) and NutThins (damn you Blue Diamond) under control, AND keep up with my 'cising goals, I would notice improvement. It's just so DAMN hard!

Sometimes I can muster so much control over myself, it's a bit robotic and scary. Then other times, I just find myself thinking I'm already fit enough, I can sneak an ice cream sand which (or 10) into the week. Ugh!

I hate thinking I can fall back on the fact that I'm already in pretty good shape. Pretty soon, it's gonna catch up to me.

But anyway, before I had my ankle injury, my goal date was June 1st. At that time I was to show off my toned body in a bikini (this was all the motivation I needed...scary accountability). But, of course, the ankle threw my goal into a black hole somewhere as I hobbled around for the next month with hardly any exercise.

Feeling sorry for myself in the process.

Now that I'm about 98% back to normal, I probably need to set a new goal for myself. Next summer is too far off into the future, I think somewhere in the vicinity of 2 months is ideal. I'll think about it and get back to you.

In the meantime, the picture is a way to remind myself that even though my body may be far from perfect, it still is pretty damn good for a woman my age with 3 kids. And I am proud of it. It's dedication and hard work that has gotten me to where I am today and where I will be in the future!

To quote BeachBody - "Decide. Commit. Succeed."

No comments: