Thursday, August 5, 2010

Well, since the last post I've been working out very consistently and trying to eat better. I've been addicted to running outside, which is funny because it's been so humid out that I can't run for very long. Maybe that's why I like it? Gives me an excuse to only run 20 minutes.

I am just drenched in sweat when I get back. I like that feeling.

I've been hitting the weight bench too. Mixing it up between higher repetitions of body weight or low weight dumbbells and lower repetitions with heavier weight.

I like the mix, prevents boredom. I get bored easily with any routine, no matter how much I may love it in the beginning. After 2 or 3 weeks, I need a change.

I've been debating on whether to do one week light, one week heavy -OR- every other workout. Not sure if one method is better than the other.

This week (starting last Monday) I haven't done a thing! No exercise. I don't know if I needed a break, getting burnt out, or what. Usually if I miss a workout I feel incredible guilt but that hasn't been the case this week. I'm just kind of going with it. I might do something today, or I might just take until Friday.

Friday (tomorrow) is my mother's 74th birthday. We are dining out at one of my favorite Italian restaurants, Grazie's. And I am planning a "cheat" meal or and "overfeed" meal...however you want to label it. Because I am in LOVE with their lobster ravioli. TO DIE FOR good!! But a terrible calorie-laden diet wrecker.

[This is totally irrelevant to this post but I am hearing sirens like crazy outside right now. I always get nervous when I hear sirens after my hubs has left for work]

Anyway, have a good weekend! You'll probably hear from me again on Monday.

No comments: