Friday, March 22, 2013

A quick note

Just a quick note, since it's been awhile.

Work is good. Life is hectic and busy. But I'm enjoying myself. Home life has relaxed a little and things are improving slowly. I am finally able to sleep and feel almost back to my normal self. I've started working out again. It's amazing how much more alive and like "me" I feel when I get my daily dose of exercise.

Yesterday, I tried a brand new glute workout that I found on YouTube from JNL fusion. It was killer! I burned 300 calories in 30 minutes! Major sweat and panting.

Today, I decided to try my first ever EVER group fitness class. There was a bodypump class at 10:00 and I am done with work at 9:30 so I figured it was the perfect opportunity to try it. Always wanted to. It was GREAT! I really did enjoy it. LOVED the instructor. Debbie at Courts Plus - what a fantastic woman! Anyway, it was an hour long class and I had my monitor on so I could see what it took out of me. Anyone have a guess? 300 calories. Yup, I burned the same amount in one hour of Bodypump as I did in 30 minutes of that glute workout. It's so fun to see differences like that.

They both have their pros and cons (actually, I can't think of any cons at the moment). It's nice to get that variety. Some days, it's nice to workout shorter and harder. Some days, you want the motivation and energy you get from being in a group. Plus, you are working your body in different ways. It's all good! I'm so glad I tried it out!

Bodypump works the whole body. You use lighter weight, fairly high reps...you feel the burn! Amazingly, the hardest part for me was the shoulders! Well, lunges got pretty tough at the end too. But I had to stop several times on the shoulder segment because I was burning so bad doing lat raises and pec dec I could hardly lift the dinky 5lb dumbbells! No lie! I had to laugh at myself. But, I'm not used to high reps. What a refreshing change!

That's all folks. I've got some video tutorials I need to record and send off to some clients while the house is still silent! Have a GREAT weekend, my friends!

No comments: