Wednesday, July 10, 2013

easy healthy meals

 
So, I've been on a healthy eating kick again and I've discovered some really easy and delicious meal ideas (and sides). Here are a couple of my favorites as of late (photos with my phone never turn out very well - sorry):
 
Breakfast - 1/2 cup of black beans heated up, 2 whole eggs, a little bit of chopped avocado, and fresh salsa. Oh heaven!
 
 
 
 
My new favorite side - roasted brussel sprouts & leeks
Cut the brussel sprouts in half, then boil them for about a minute or two with some sliced leeks. Then coat them with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast them for about 15-20 minutes at 400-425 degrees. They are extra delicious with the leeks. I love the crispy ones!

 
I ate the cold leftovers before I went to bed last night! I've never really craved vegetables the way I crave these. They are THAT good. And oh so good for you too!

No comments: