Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Want a quickie?

A post, that is. What did you think I meant?

Today: EXHAUSTED!!

I'm going on very little sleep since Sunday night. Not quite sure what the deal is but I've been sleeping just awful. Or should I say, NOT sleeping just fine?

It probably didn't help that yesterday I burned twice the amount of calories I actually took in. That's only with exercise, not counting what your body naturally burns to function! Oy vey! Sometimes I surprise myself.

It was my idea of THE perfect day yesterday. Weather was not too hot, little breeze, sunshine with a few little clouds. Gorgeous. So I took the girls on a little bike ride to the apple orchard. Eden fell off her bike....twice. One bruised knee, one scraped knee, and a bump on the head. She's a real trooper though. Gets back on "Angus" - her bike, and keeps on truckin'. That's my girl!

Then, I did a weight training circuit session. And, of course, XaBeat to finish off the day. I can hardly walk, barely sit, and forget about trying to reach anything on ground level. Ouch! Today is looking like a good day for a swim. Mowed the lawn and cleaned the pool, got the chemicals in balance, it's all ready to go.

One fun way to squeeze in a workout is doing exercises in the pool. I love running in the pool - it feels really good to go all out, loose your breath completely and just fall into the water. High knees, lunges, kickbacks, jumping jacks.....almost anything! Even arm exercises. Because the resistance of the water is like adding weight, and really easy on the joints.

What will you be training today??


p.s. Training was originally scheduled for this past weekend but got pushed back to mid September. I was so bummed but nothing I can do about it. I'm really looking forward to it though! Just have to wait a little longer.

p.p.s. Just a couple more days until our fun girls weekend. Hotel for two nights, relaxing, swimming, watching movies, eating naughty food, NO DOG.....total bliss!! We decided we needed to have a little fun too, while Emma and Andreas are on their 2 week vacation in Sweden. The last time I had a vacation was two summers ago in New York - and it was only a few days. I think I'm about due, wouldn't you say??

No comments: