Saturday, January 17, 2015

We all have a story

Mine is probably fairly relatable. I'm the skinny girl. My entire life I've never been overweight. But when I gained weight, more weight than I was ever used to carrying, I thought of myself as "fat".

I lost it all and got skinny again. (I know, I don't like the word skinny either)

Enter STRESS. More stress than I've ever had to deal with. A life changing event. Guess which way the scale went? Guess where I put the weight on? Stress does produce belly fat! If there was one area of my body that I never had an issue with, it was my belly. So this was new to me. I didn't like it.

I still exercise, but I still have extra weight. I joke around about it sometimes. I think I made a comment on Facebook once about eating everything in sight and then complaining about gaining weight as something that I do on a regular basis. To which someone replied, "The masses of America's women would love to be fat like you."

Made me think...

I am at the low weight range for my age and height, yet just because I was underweight for so long, it's hard to see myself now as "thin". It's such a mind game. Gosh, if I didn't stress about weight and just ate and exercised for pure joy and health, life would be so nice. No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to let it go.

Most days, I don't do any type of workout other than dancing. Even though weight lifting was my life some years ago, I rarely pick up my barbell. I keep telling myself that one day, when it's really important to me, I will get back into beast mode. But right now, it's not that big of a deal to me. I guess that's ok.

I recently watched a show called My 600lb Life. And I felt really bad about all the whining I've done about my body. Wow. I went from 110 to 120 and feel fat -  these people go from 600 to 300 and feel fantastic. It's just amazing. Can you even imagine loosing 300lbs?? I sure can't because even losing a pound for me seems like an impossible task! In one instance, this woman's husband tried so hard to prevent her from losing the weight that would eventually kill her and leave her child without a mother. Uh! The nerve of some people! They just can't sit back and watch other people succeed without trying to sabotage them! I could write an entire post just on that show. I was in tears.

We all have a story. We all have our battles. Let's just be supportive of one another. This world is hard enough sometimes without the petty negativity and one upsmanship that is endlessly a part of our everyday lives. Whether it's jealousy, hate, spite.....whatever it is, let it go. Spread love. Pay it forward. Do your part to make the world a better place for people who already hurt enough the way it is. You have no idea what someone else is dealing with. You don't know how people hurt on the inside. You only see a fraction of their life. Don't be another problem. Get over yourself. Rise above.

Now go spread joy. :)

No comments: