Thursday, December 6, 2012

4 days so far

Well, today was my FOURTH consecutive day of getting up at 5:00am to get to the gym and back by the time the kids get up for school. This is nothing short of a miracle for me. It's never happened before. Not even once. Ever. Actually, Monday I got up at 5:30 and I've been up at 5:00 every day since. That sort of happened on accident, and I just like it better because I have time to eat something before I go.

Today, I'm dragging. Not gonna lie. It's not the actual getting up or working out that is the hard part. But the sheer exhaustion later in the day is what gets me. Today, I could feel that my sleep has been cut a bit, so I laid down for an hour and a half after everyone left for the day. Yesterday, I had to stop working for a while in the afternoon to lay on the couch for a half an hour. That is SO NOT like me!

But my friend, Kristy, assures me that my body will get used to it (if I choose to continue). She gets up at 3:00am M-F!!! I just don't know how she does it. But I hope I can stick to it and my body adjusts because I REALLY like getting it done that early and knowing that I have the entire day to work. Because I love my work so very much! I literally can't sleep some nights because I'm excited for the next day to arrive so I can work some more. I kid you not. I love it THAT much! I'm so very lucky!!! Making money of my own for the first time in about 9 years feels amazing!! I feel like I'm actually contributing to society and to this family. I'm so much more fulfilled and satisfied these days.

So anyway, just thought I'd update you on my progress with the early mornings. The only one who isn't liking it so much is my mom. Because she doesn't like to get up early. And she won't go to the gym without me. So I kind of feel guilty. But I have to think about what's good for me too. Can't please everyone, might as well please myself ;)

No comments: