Monday, December 3, 2012

Something new

Yep, I tried something new today. I actually set my alarm, got up at 5:30 to go to the gym and was back before the family was out of bed. I have to admit, it wasn't hard to get up. I usually don't have a problem waking up in the morning. I used to, but having had a child to be up with for the past 15 years of my life has turned me into a morning person. So it wasn't the actual getting out of bed part that had me concerned - but the excessive movement...haha.

Well, I was wide awake. I got to the gym and did my thing like usual. It was no different. Although there were quite a lot of people there. I was surprised and I wasn't. I figured there would be a lot of people who liked to get their workout in before work, but I didn't count on THAT many.

I didn't eat before I went but I figured my workout would suffer if I didn't have something. So I had a protein shake before. And one right after. I did get really tired about 40 minutes in and quit at 45 minutes. I think it will be something that I have to get used to. I had an egg and half a bagel and a clementine when I got home. I was a little shaky. I could feel that I needed food but didn't feel hungry. It was hard to eat.

Then, I got extremely tired. After the kids were all fed and dressed, I layed down on the couch. I probably could have taken a nap! But, I walked the kids and Lizzy to school. Then came back and showered. I'm sitting here, ready to work, dressed, hair done, make up on, ready for the day at 8:30!

This is a first EVER. Trust me. And it feels great!

Going to have a healthy lunch with another health conscious friend today. It's nice to hang out with someone who doesn't want to stuff their gullet with burgers and fries. And I'll be busy busy busy working today. As always. I love it! I'm so happy these days.

No comments: