Saturday, December 8, 2012

I did it

An entire week {5 days} of getting up early for the gym. I was SO EXCITED to be able to sleep in and have 2 glorious days off training. But, of course I couldn't sleep in longer than 6am. So I'm up. Darn!

My entire body hurts. EVERYTHING except for my face and feet. Right now, the most painful spot is the inside of my elbows from bicep curls two days ago. Gotta love DOMS {delayed onset muscle soreness}. My daughter didn't believe me when I told her that, yeah, you'll be sore the day after a good workout, but the second day after is even worse. She had to do the insanity workout in school gym class and she came to me two days later and said, "OMG! You were right!". Well, of course I was. If there is one thing I know well, it's muscle soreness.

I haven't been super strict with my diet, but I haven't been bad either. I just haven't been craving lately, which I'm thankful for. Usually about this time I'd be baking up a storm and stuffing my face with all kinds of Christmas goodies. And get this, despite having chocolate in the house, I haven't even wanted it. That's virtually unheard of for me! Because when it's in the house, I'll eat it. No self control these days.

I wonder if it has anything to do with SENSA. Have you heard of this stuff? You sprinkle it on your food and eat like you normally would and it's supposed to stop you from craving and overeating. My mom bought the first two months worth of the stuff and she didn't like it. She thought it kept her up at night - although I'm 99% positive the two are completely unrelated to each other. So she gave the rest to me. I have a problem overeating. I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I can eat more than my 210 pound husband most days. I thought it wouldn't hurt to give it a whirl.

At first, I would forget about it. I would usually only put it on maybe one meal a day. But over time, I've gotten used to it and almost never forget to use it. And by golly, I SWEAR it helps! I am still hungry around the same times, like always, but I don't eat half an animal at dinner and I DON'T CRAVE! It's wonderful! Now, if only it worked on my blossoming wine addiction......

I used to only drink a glass, maybe two, of wine a month. Now, it has become a nightly ritual. Every night at dinner. I'm not freaking out about it because I know it's actually good for you. And it just makes me feel so dang good! I've been more relaxed than ever!

So strange how we change. I am such a different person than I was a year ago. So very different. For the better, I'd like to think ;)

No comments: