Sunday, May 3, 2009

New Blog Title

I have decided to change up my blog. My mother is staying with me here in Denmark for the next 5 weeks and I have decided to turn this otherwise relaxing little trip to Europe for her into boot camp!

She has wanted for a long time to lose weight and I think I have a super plan that is going to help her achieve that dream. This was going to be a fitness blog anyway (since that is my passion) and since my fitness goals are somewhat boring, I think blogging about my mom's future success (and she will succeed) will be more exciting.

I intend on devoting the next month to her health and fitness. She will have a specific training and diet plan that will be super easy and fun for her to follow, we will be taking pictures daily and recording measurements weekly. I am making her keep a written journal also and we will take some entries from that and post them on this blog so you get an idea of what SHE is thinking through this whole process.

Why am I doing this? Simple....accountability. Studies have proven that when you are tracking progress and sharing it with others, you are being accountable for your actions, therefore are less likely to give up.

Come back soon to find out an "official" start date. I need to give her a couple days to rest and acclimate herself after a long day of traveling from the US. Comment often with well wishes for her. She will need all the encouragement she can get! Her name is Jan, BTW!!

No comments: