Wednesday, July 7, 2010

This week so far

My week....

Let's just say thank GOD the coconut cream pie I made is gone.

But, on the positive side, I took measurements yesterday and I have not budged from my usual measurements. The scale, the tape measure....everything is the same. And it's probably been at least a month since I took measurements last. Sure, that means that I haven't moved in the smaller direction, but more importantly, after all the cheating I've been doing, I'm not gaining fat.

Unfortunately, I think I've started to get burned out with ripped 1000. It's a great workout, but I need more variety. Sure, it might give wonderful results if you do it consistently for 6 weeks (and perfect diet). But, I will never hold to that routine for that long. When I first started I was going strong every other day with it. Gradually it tapered off to 2 days in between workouts. Still ok, but not what I wanted. Now, even with two days between I find myself not wanting to do it, and it slides to just twice per week.

And, since I've been cheating so much with naughty sugary food, I'm not getting any benefit from it. Why do it at all? Sometimes I wonder why my subconscious seems to be so comfortable with being stuck where I am - eating crap and staying thin - when I'm constantly telling myself I need to be better; eat better, workout more. Isn't that a conflict of interest? Consciously telling myself "DO BETTER" but subconsciously being ok with my current state? Incidentally, my current state is skinny fat.

I like food. It's comforting. It's satisfying. And I'm lazy. Geez.

This is a battle. I'm definitely not in serious mode anymore. I wish I could get that back. Maybe it's a winter thing that hibernates during the summer months. Maybe it's because all winter long I had been gearing myself up for bikini season, thinking that I would just be in a state of maintenance and I could indulge a little. Whatever the true reason, I wish I had my momentum back.

My favorite quote of the moment...

"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right" ~ Henry Ford

No comments: