Monday, June 25, 2012

chicken balls

I am so sick of our internet lately. It's hit or miss as far as it working properly (usually miss) and generally when I need to look up something or have time to actually sit down and write a post, there is no connection. Seriously? We pay for fast reliable internet and when the reliable part isn't living up to it's name, I get very frustrated.

My phone isn't doing what I want it to half the time either. I try to upload photos to facebook and it won't. Or I try to view photo albumns and it won't let me. Ugh! This technology is supposed to be so great but half the time it doesn't do what it's supposed to anyway.

AND, on top of that, I wanted to edit this terrible photo you are about to see and make it look a little more appetizing and of course I get the error, "scratch disks are full" .... this won't even let me open Photoshop. Yet, my husband insists that we have plenty of space on the hard drive. I think I'm going to buy myself a computer that I can just use for photos and photoshopping.

Phew...ok, rant over.

So last week I made chicken balls. Meatballs made from ground chicken. My kids laugh when I say chicken balls. Anyway, they were really good and I wanted to share the recipe. All I did was mix ground chicken with pesto and chopped scallions, form them into balls and bake them. That's it! So moist and tasty! Very uncharacteristic of lean meat such as ground turkey and chicken, which tends to be dry. The more moisture you can add to the meat in the form of vegetables and healthy sauces, the better. I baked them at 350 degrees for 20 minutes (or was it 30, I don't remember).


Again, sorry for the horrible picture. Wish technology would play nice. It sort of reminds me of that Futurama episode where all the robots were rebelling against the humans. The coffee maker, the tv, garbage disposal....they were all acting up. Haha...I love that show.

But anyway, this morning, I sliced up the leftovers and added them to a hot pan with a little melted butter and fried them up to a crispy brown. OH DELICIOUS! If you don't mind a tish more added fat, I highly recommend doing this. They were divine.

This is my daughter, Eden. I was going through pictures from the weekend and guess what the first thing I noticed about this picture was?


She's got some little muscles going on in her arms! Got a little delt cap there! She's a very active girl and strong to boot. That's my mini me!

Unfortunately, in EVERY picture I took of her she is sucking on rice milk. She loves that stuff. Yuk!

No comments: