Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My day

Have you ever done one arm DB snatches? I'm doing them with a 30lb dumbbell and they are REALLY good at getting an aerobic element into weight training. I'm literally out of breath after doing them.

Another good way to sneak in an aerobic touch to your workouts is walking lunges. I use a 25lb weight plate in each hand and take 20 long deep steps. 4 sets of them. I'm drenched when I'm done.

How about a clean and press? I'm at 65lbs right now and it's tough. Sometimes getting that bar from the ground to over my head seems impossible. But I do it.

I'm only deadlifting 125lbs. But today it felt on the easy side so I'll be taking that weight up next week.

Let's see, what else? Oh yeah, bench press today was at 85lbs.

I did 4 sets of hamstring curls at 60lbs.

My shoulders NEED to lift more weight. I would love to get above 10lbs weights on my side lat raises. That is one area of my body that I would love to build up more. But I'm pretty weak and the weight never seems to go up.

But man, I love this stuff!!

I asked my husband if he thought I was getting any bigger. He said my arms were. "You're upper body is BUFF" ....ah, yeah. Who wouldn't want that?? I noticed how he carefully avoided saying anything about my lower body..haha. I had been at Gordmans and their changing room mirrors do absolutely NOTHING for my self esteem. I've never seen so many lumps and bumps except on a 90 year old lady! So I was joking about it last night and told him that it looked like I was wearing coffee cake on my legs. You know how the top of a coffee cake is so bumpy? Yeah. But the cool thing about him is, no matter how hard I am on myself, he is always there to build me up. If I say that my butt is soft he'll say, "That's what makes it so lovely" or if I say that my legs are lumpy, he says "I think you look great" ....he is just what I need to keep me sane.

No comments: