Thursday, January 10, 2013

Almost human again

I had a wonderful Sunday skiing with the family. Then, early morning (3am), I woke up feeling funny. Couldn't sleep. So I went downstairs to work on the computer a little bit until I got tired. Well, I just couldn't shake the weird feeling I had and I thought a bad panic attack was on the way. So I did something I haven't done in ages....I took, not one, but 2 of my "crazy pills" - as my husband calls them.

Good news: I never had a panic attack. Bad news: I got the flu. I woke up to get the kids ready for school the next day and felt SO tired and heavy, I could barely walk. Then I got a fever. I stayed in bed all day and by dinner that evening, I was yaking up what little food I ate that day. TMI?

I was in bed for 2 whole days. Finally up Wednesday feeling almost all better. Today, I went to the gym and it was OK. You know how hard it is to get your energy back after laying around feeling like a weak puddle of goo? The thought of mustering up enough energy to punish my already weakened body didn't thrill me. But I did it. I was maybe a little slower and maybe not as strong (could barely do 5 pull ups in a row), but I have to start somewhere.

So, in 45 minutes, I burned 380 calories and will continue to be in a rate of accelerated fat burning for the next 48 hours. Not only that, but I'm on my 13th day with absolutely NO sugar or grains. One more day to hit the two week mark. And what happens then? I've retrained my body how to burn fat instead of sugar so that from now on when I workout I'm not going to be burning the carbs I just ate. NO SIR! I'll be burning fat! Whoo hoo! See you later saddlebags! Today, a good friend of mine asked me how much longer I had to go on this diet and I couldn't answer her for sure. I know that two weeks is up tomorrow but I want to continue for at least another 3 months. I want to witness my body morph from something that's currently better than most my age, to WOW! Oh yeah....it'll happen.

I feel amazing! How 'bout you?

No comments: