Thursday, January 24, 2013

Hi y'all!

Phew! I've been a busy girl these days! But who isn't, right?

I have been working on new creations for my digital design business, see my Facebook page here www.facebook.com/printscharmingfargo just in case you haven't heard ;) And I'm STOKED because my likes went from 50 to 125 in just the last day! And my sales are really taking off!! It's super exciting!

I also had a job creating a logo for a friend who takes racing photos. I can't wait to see which one he picked!

I have been feeling so incredible, I really don't know where to begin telling you about it. First of all, I'm coming up on one month into my new lifestyle and it's smooth sailing. It's gotten so easy. I have completely forgotten about bread, potatoes and sweets. I am amazed at how awesome I am sleeping, and the changes I am seeing. I literally feel sorry for anyone NOT currently doing this - it's that good.

You might think you're fit enough. You might think you eat good enough. But guess what? I used to think that too. I had no idea. I've unlocked a secret. One I'm willing to share. The sad thing is....no one wants to hear it. Pretty funny, huh? One of my purposes here on this earth is to motivate people, I just know it. And I love to be a motivator. But it's a really hard job. Honestly, people just don't want to hear it most of the time. Including you, I would bet.

What I read and then post about, will make no difference to some. They just aren't willing to make a change. And in some cases, are so stuck on what they currently do, they will do it in excess until the day they die, just to prove they can. Maybe because it's the norm. Like I said the other day, if a billion people believe in a bad idea, it's still a bad idea!

I see stuff on Facebook that makes me LOL, literally, every day. Especially the stuff pertaining to workouts, because it tends to be a "boast post" about how much they just did. I tend to ignore those posts that I feel are "fishing" for compliments. Your low self esteem shines brightly on Facebook! I should be boasting about how little I actually do, and how tight I am becoming as a result! But I don't need the praise and admiration of others to make my self worth.

I say that I laugh because I feel like I've uncovered a gold mine, told my entire network of friends and family about it, and they still don't want any part of it. Imagine you just found a cure for cancer, offered it to a friend who had cancer, and that person turned it down because they would rather go through the horrible chemo treatments that may or may not help in the end. Of course that's a drastic comparison, but if you knew what I knew, you'd agree that it's actually not all that far off!

Do you know why most avid exercisers never change? They toil day after day but always look the same? They do the same thing all the time. Their bodies have become so efficient at what they do, it has no reason to change. Want to know why an avid runner can easily run for an hour? Because their bodies are used to it! Remember, you are an incredibly efficient machine. Do the same thing you've done year after year, get the same results you've had year after year.

Another reason they never change - they don't eat right and they think it's all about the calories. Their mindset is, if they burn X amount of calories during their workout, they will be on their path to fat loss. You can burn over 500 calories per day and still never change. At some point, if the calorie theory were correct, people burning 500 plus calories a day would literally not exist. People training for marathons would literally vanish into thin air if the calorie theory held water. But it's not that simple. A person eating a "clean" 2000 calories a day will lose weight but a person eating a "junk" 1500 calories a day won't - because fat loss is not just about the calories.

It's about the food you are eating. I shutter to think how many fat calories I'm eating a day. I don't even want to know. It doesn't matter because it's the right kind of fat. And since I'm eating the right kind of calories, I'm actually shrinking in all the right places! I haven't eaten a starchy carb in a month, where do you think the weight I lose during and after a workout comes from? I'll tell you what it's NOT comming from - a big starch filled meal I have to eat to fuel my sugar burning body!! Because I'm not a sugar burner anymore. And I don't need to load up on starchy carbs to fuel my hours of mind numbing cardio sessions. p.s. - I'm losing FLAB on 36 minutes a week.

This is not a "low carb" diet. It's a NO SUGAR diet. I still eat PLENTY of carbs. They are in the form of VEGETABLES. Do not mistake what I am doing for low carb. www.MaximizedLiving.com

No comments: