Thursday, February 21, 2013

Food & stuff

Been journaling EVERYTHING I'm eating this week. On Sunday, I will {try} to get it typed up and put on the blog so you have an idea of what I'm eating for health.

I've been really into curry flavor lately. Which is odd because I normally don't get excited about it. I'm making these lunches that are basically cut up chicken, and fresh veggies (radishes, cucumbers, green onion, celery, bell pepper) and a hard boiled egg mixed together with Veganaise, Dijon mustard and curry powder. You really must try it! Very good flavor. And today, on the side, leftover steamed green beans and 1/2 a yam. I'm looking forward to tonight's dinner which will be butternut squash and leek soup (FAV!) and curry chicken. There's that curry again!

I'm eating oatmeal & yams for my starches at breakfast and lunch and that is an average low day. Then, every 4th day, I eat carbs all day long. Yesterday was my first high carb day in the cycle. And I had BREAD 3 TIMES! I haven't had bread since Christmastime! It was Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Bread, but bread nonetheless. It was marvelous! Except it gave me gas. Really BAD gas! Sorry. But it did. But it sure was nice to have a crispy warm English muffin with butter melting so perfectly on top. I did really miss it!

Today was the first day all week I worked out without pain of some sort. Since I've started running twice a day, my hips were quite sore the first couple of days. And I did something to my back, although I don't remember hurting it specifically. But when I ran, the pain of it shaking up and down was too much to bare on one of my runs and I ended up just walking on an incline. I've been icing it and today it feels much better. Running going surprisingly well, even after weight training.

Feels weird to say that I'm running twice a day. I would only do it once but since I weight train too, I can't get a good strength workout and a 5 mile run done in an hour, so I have to split it up. I am doing MaxT3 before my nightly run, since it's only 12 minutes. It sort of sounds like over training, but I'm not planning on keeping this schedule forever, 12 weeks at most. Just have to kick it up a notch for summer!

I gained 10 pounds....just for my husband, who thought I was so thin I looked like I was knocking on death's door. So, I stopped working out and started pigging out. I gained some weight, he didn't notice. I brought it to his attention. He still didn't think it was enough and wanted me to gain more. I had to draw the line. And at that point, I just decided, to hell with it. I felt like an actress who has to beef up for a role. It wasn't me and I wasn't happy. So, now I'm back in FREAK mode, losing it again. I guess if no one notices anyway, it shouldn't matter. I'm down 3 pounds so far. It will be interesting to see how my body composition changes this time, now that I'm apparently doing it the "right" way. Leaning down the same way the figure girls do it. Not just relying on weights, or cardio or diet alone. But all three. I wonder how far in I'll get before it starts to wear me down? That's like 2 hours of exercise a day! Geez! But, when you want something, you do what it takes to get it, I suppose.

I'm hoping my lack of workouts over fall didn't sacrifice much muscle. I know you gotta use it or you lose it. I definitely noticed a drop in strength, but that shouldn't take long to get back. Today, I played it safe with my bench press and went for reps. Only 65lb for 12 reps/3 sets. Want to know where I left off last time I was busting it out in the gym? 90lbs! Can't wait to be there again.

Hanna was downstairs the other night, trying to bench press the bar and an added 10 pounds and could hardly do it! I said, "Hanna! That's terrible! You need to workout more! I was benching 90lbs last summer!". And she said, "Holy crap! Guys would be all over me at school if I could do that!" Oh, how the teenage mind works!

No comments: