Monday, February 25, 2013

Monday

Two of three workouts done so far today. I'm training like a boss! What!

Took the whole crew to the gym today. Dropped the two younger ones off in the play area and took Hanna & Gram back into the "big girl" play area - aka the weight room. I was doing some lat pulls and Hanna was beside me on some sort of chest machine that I never use. She goes, "Whoa! Mom! Look at your arms! Look at your muscles!" Not gonna lie, that never gets old ;)

She never seems to comment when I'm on the treadmill though. Hmmm.....

Speaking of that, I was at my mom's apartment today and did my second workout on her treadmill. In one way, it was a lot better than mine because mine faces a wall in my basement. I literally think of different ways to kill myself every time I'm on it. Hers faces a window to the parking lot so at least I can people watch. Time goes by faster. Still boring as hell though. Good GOD! And I get the stale smell of smoke from some chain smoker downstairs.

Saw one of my mud run teammates today. I asked him how training was going and he said, "What training?" Haha! He's a silly one. I'm really excited for this event. It's gonna be super fun. And there's beer. Actually, I don't know why that should excite me, I haven't had a beer in FOREVER! I'm not quite sure how my gut will react to it. I'll probably bloat up like a Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade balloon!

Diet still good. Got my second high carb day yesterday. I had some crappy pasta at Johnny Carinos. I was super excited for my favorite gorgonzola penne at Grazie's but they were closed. DOH! So we hit the next Italian place in line. I tried their gorgonzola penne with whole wheat noodles and blech! Not good. Sort of disappointing when you wait all week for a splurge, and it's not good. Oh well, it's just food, right?



1 comment:

Amanda said...

hi charlotte, i thought you didnt blog anymore so i stopped looking!!! I'm going to write you an email over the weekend. so many thoughts are going through my pea brain at the moment i dont know where to start!!!