Thursday, February 7, 2013

the best time to wear a striped sweater....

.....is all the time.

Things are going good. Everyone in the house has had a bout with some illness or another in the past couple of weeks (except Eden), so I am super excited for the bug to be GONE for good.

I've been thinking that it's about time I start adding grains back into my diet. I feel there isn't much of a need to be on the Advanced Plan anymore since I've been sleeping good, I'm completely off of anxiety meds (yay!), I don't have any medical problems like diabetes or heart disease, so I think that I'm probably ok to ease back into a "normal" diet. As long as I keep it clean.

I've been grain free for about a month and a half now. I detoxed my cells and trained my body to become a fat burner instead of a sugar burner. And I feel ready. I think I want to start adding it in slowly, maybe oats to start? I can honestly say that I think a good hot bowl of oatmeal sounds incredibly luxurious!

I'm really torn though. I know that I've done something that not a whole lot of people (no one I know!) have been able to do, and I sort of don't want to quit! I knew this wasn't a forever thing, but I've done so well and tried so hard that it seems almost bitter sweet. At the same time, I'm a little worried that if I start letting grains back into my diet, I'm going to get more and more lenient with myself and then I'll be back to eating all the junk again. I know I have a very strong will, but I am human. I guess I will just take a leap of faith. Faith in myself and my desire to live a healthy life.

So, I think I'm going to talk to Dr. Jake today, and see what he thinks. If I do decide to do it, I'll let you know how it goes.

I might have to quit Pinterest though. Have you ever noticed how many friggin' desserts are thrown at your face every day from Pinterest alone?!?! People pin that shit all day long! Seriously, I wonder what some people would do with their days if not for Pinterest! I'm a sporadic pinner. I'll get on a roll now and then. But I seriously might have to fine tune what feeds into my Facebook status updates so I'm not staring at cupcake recipes all day. You hearing me, Betty Crocker wanna-bes? Just shove that junk into your cake hole, but I'm happier OUT of the loop! Can I get an AMEN?!

No comments: