Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Getting close to a goal!

I haven't posted my last two workouts so here they are:

SUNDAY:
squats 85lbs
leg curl 37.5lbs
stiff-legged deadlifts 70lbs
bb incline press 50lbs
bb row 60lbs
bb shoulder press 40lbs
bb bicep curl 40lbs
bb lying tricep ext. 25lbs
calf raises
abs - crunches 25lbs, hip lifts, bicycle


TUESDAY:
squats 90lbs (10 pounds away from my goal of 10 reps @ 100lbs! Happened a lot sooner than I anticipated)
lunges 65lbs
romanian deadlifts 100lbs (got to my goal weight of 100lbs, now to get all 10 reps - made 6 so far)
bb bench press 55lbs
bb shoulder press 40lbs (these are so dang hard for me - my right shoulder gives me problems...but I managed to get all 10. I did 7, rested about 10 seconds, then did 2 more, rested about 10 seconds and then did the last one - barely!) Wonder if I should stay at 40lbs until I can crank out all 10 at once????
bb bicep curl 40lbs (had to beat my last rep count of 6, but I could only get 5 out at once, then had to rest like on shoulders, before I could get the last two - barely!) Wondering what's up...plateau?? Not eating enough calories to make my muscles grow?? The hubs thinks it's not possible for my muscles to grow since I'm a woman. I say, of course it's possible! Just not to the same extent that a man can!
bb lying tricep ext. 30lbs
donkey calf raises (hanna)
ab side bends 30lbs


I'm getting more and more nervous as I am increasing in weight. I feel like I am at a point where, my gains are going to be VERY slow. That's OK with me, even if it's just ONE rep more at each workout. But when I can't get that one more rep without a rest, it gets me to wonder, what should I do?? Especially when it comes to my arms. I need to research a little more about that I guess.

No comments: