Sunday, February 28, 2010

OUCH!

My last workout on Thursday pretty much kicked my butt. It left me very sore and a little immobile. I had planned on doing arms the next day, didn't happen. I was still just sore and kind of miffed about it. It didn't bother me so much because I was scheduled for a 2 day rest anyway, and that's what I took.

But I was back at it again this morning. I did legs again and arms too. I didn't like it. I mean, I like the new routine OK but I don't like doing arms and legs the same day, it's just too much. I didn't' time myself but I'm guessing it probably took me an hour. I was just wiped by the end. My last arm exercises probably suffered because of it. Doing 3 sets of each exercise is SO time consuming and draining. I really prefer my old way of one heavy set to failure and your done!

BUT, the whole point of this was that I needed a change due to the plateau. The question I am faced with now is, am I going to continue going every other day with arms and legs or am I going to figure something else out.

The bad thing (for me) about doing the every other day is that I really like my rest days in between workouts. It really works well into my life. So if I can just get over that, if I can live with only 1 rest day a week, then it will work. I don't know, I tend to over analyze everything.

So, I pretty much did the same legs workout as last time, with the 3 sets of 10, dropping the weight each time, but I added arms too.

side lat raise 12lbs, 10lbs, 8lbs
chest press 50lbs, 40lbs, 30lbs
bicep curls 17lbs, 15lbs, 12lbs (each arm)
row 50lbs, 40lbs, 30lbs
dips

I am wondering, is this enough to add muscle mass? I know that I have read adding sets and using lighter weight does NOT add muscle. If that is the case...HELP! I need advice. I wish I had someone to ask these questions!

Well, wonder how I will feel tomorrow?

No comments: