Friday, February 26, 2010

New Workout

I came up with a sort of split routine to try and bust out of my plateau (see last post). So, yesterday was LEGS day. I punished them. I knew I would be feeling it today and WHOO BABY, I'm feeling it alright! I think I know what it feels like to be hit by a bus. Well, from the butt down anyway.

I decided to try drop sets - 3 set of 10 reps each
I started with Lunges, 60lbs, 50lbs, 40lbs.
On to Squats, 60lbs, 50lbs, 40lbs.
Lying Leg Curls (slow negatives), 50lbs, 40lbs.
Stiff-Legged Deadlifts, 60lbs, 50lbs, 40lbs.
Bridge on ball, on stool, on floor.

My legs were a bit like Jell-o...not the worst ever, but I knew it would shock my muscles a bit. I asked for it. It's always disappointing to me when I can't feel a workout so this was satisfying.

The plan is to do arms and shoulders today. Actually, I still would like to get 3 workouts in per week of each muscle group, which means I will group together arms, shoulders, chest and back. I've got 5 exercises planned for that group today. The ones I think are important.

I'm still not sure if I want to incorporate a "heavy lift" day in every once in a while. I probably will just to make sure I'm not losing any ground. Maybe I'm completely crazy, maybe I have no idea what I'm really doing. But gosh darn it, I'm trying! I'm trying SO HARD!

Toodles!

No comments: