Thursday, April 25, 2013

dancin' shoes

Braved my dance class last night despite the bad knee. It went well. Talked to another girl who said her joints were in pain until she got new shoes. Lightbulb! Zumba shoes! I am SOOOO getting some!

 I went to Scheels yesterday and found a super cute pair but they didn't have my size. And after trying on about 8 others, I gave up. Think I'll order online. But it was a brilliant discovery. The right shoes are very important. I learned this lesson after wearing running shoes to play basketball in the driveway. NOT a good idea. Messed up my ankle really bad doing that.

So yeah, gonna get me some dancin' shoes! I have been wanting a new pair of shoes anyway. I just have a problem committing. I like so many styles, it's hard to choose. And because I do so many different types of workouts, I really need about 4 different pairs. But that's not economically wise.

My runners are OLD and have a hole in the toe. I know you are supposed to get new ones after 6 months or so, but I don't do all that much running so I figured I could get by waiting longer. It's been quite a few years now. My weight lifting shoes are by far my favs, love the color and feel, but my dog seems to have chewed a couple of holes in the side. It's not very visible unless you are looking really close for them, so no biggie. The only bugger about these is they are low profile shoes and if I want to do some HIIT or walking after weights, I have to change shoes. Otherwise I really feel it in my calves the next day. I need more support. And now that I'm dancing 5 nights a week, I'd like some proper dance shoes to combat this knee problem. Out of those 3 choices, I'll probably go with the dance shoes since I do that more than I do HIIT.

I'm kinda diggin' these:





 
Just FYI - I went with the bottom pair! Yay!

No comments: