Tuesday, April 23, 2013


Ok, I have 20 minutes before I go back into work so I'm going to throw down a quick post.

I have been having a LOT of knee issues lately and since becoming addicted to Dance Fit, it certainly hasn't been getting any better. I am planning on going in to the doctor next month to have it checked out. I'm really nervous though, because I don't want anything to be seriously wrong.

It seems to have started when I decided to kick my cardio love up a notch (x1000). I stopped running but I do Dance Fit 5 times a week and I'm just wondering if that isn't what is aggravating it. Funny thing is, it doesn't bother me at all while I'm working out. Whether I'm lifting or dancing, I feel nothing during. But afterwards....it's really tight. Going down the stairs is awful. Standing up from a crouched or bent down position is weird, it feels like I can't straighten it all the way out. And at times, it feels as though my knee is twice the size it normally is, even though it doesn't look swollen. I don't know.....it worries me.

I've always been scared to inherit my mother's bad knees (and feet, and back, and shoulder, and wrist.......) so this has me just beside myself. I'm not the kind of person to just say, well, I've got pain, I better quit exercising. I'm more on the other side, the stupid side, which says, I'm not going to stop until I literally can't move anymore.

I'm thinking that if I just get a good supportive brace that I can wear during exercise that involves a lot of jumping around, it will probably improve. At least that is my hopeful thinking. I am SO EXCITED for Hard Charge this June and there is NO WAY I'm going to let this come between me and a big dream of mine. I've always wanted to do a mud run. Always. Obstacle course....yes please! And I will do it - no matter what.

So that is that. Besides my stupid knee, which has me limping around like an old lady most of the time, things are going well. I'm burning an insane amount of calories everyday and just as quickly putting them back in :) Isn't it funny how the more we burn, the hungrier we seem to be? Like last night, I came home from my dance class and was just ravenous! I worked really hard, my hair was so wet, I looked like I had just come in from the rain! When I got home, I showered, sat on the couch to watch Top Gear and thought to myself - you're not hungry, you're not hungry....but then I just couldn't stand it anymore. I ate some cereal, half an avocado, half a grilled cheese and a couple of spoonfuls of Nutella. Just crazy! But I'd rather exercise a little more and still get to eat what I crave without it sticking to my body.

I'm not anywhere near wanting to "diet". And for me, when I say diet, I mean, strict protein/carb/fat ratios and only the healthiest foods, not calorie restriction. Right now, it doesn't interest me to eat perfectly. I'm enjoying being a little lenient. And when you burn upwards of 900 - 1000 calories a day, there's plenty of room for leniency!!

No comments: