Saturday, April 6, 2013

saturday's run

I'm waiting for my brother to pick me up and have a half hour to kill, so I figured I'd journal.

This morning, (my day off) I was up at 5am. My body is so used to getting up at that time for work now that I have trouble sleeping in. I suppose that is a good thing though.

Jeff had invited me to join the Run4Change 5k/10k this morning. I was ecstatic that he was going to do it. So I decided to sign up as well. I only signed up for the 5k though because I still want to get my dance fit class in today at 10am :) So addicted to that class! It's fun fun fun! Letting loose and shaking it like no one's looking for an hour and coming out of that aerobics room drenched with sweat is the BEST feeling! Dare I say, even better than weight lifting! Yes, I think so. Definitely better than being on a treadmill for an hour. I burn more calories too.

It was raining at 5am and it still pretty cold for April, but I'm layered and ready for it. Its for a great cause. Here is the description:
This event was created by friends and family of Aaron, Allison and Brielle Deutscher who were victims of a drunk driving crash on 7/6/2012. We memorialize not only Aaron, Allison, Brielle and their unborn baby, but all of those lost to drinking and driving. This is an event for all ages. Lets get together to Run4Change and change society's attitude about drinking and driving!
 
Better go brush my teeth and get ready to run! Have a good one y'all!

No comments: