Thursday, April 11, 2013

quick note before heading back to work...

I saw this picture on Facebook today:


I am not offended by it. Not offended that she is a woman and naked. Not offended by the "f" word. None of it. I think she's gorgeous. Here was one woman's perception of this image:

"Funny how women's fitness needs to be sold through sex and nudity and women not wearing much at all. Its not really health and fitness focused...."

While it may seem like fitness is being sold through sex here, I'm not offended by the nudity. And I'm not offended by the fact that the only thing this image is trying to prove is that if you workout, YOU TOO, can look good naked. And you don't have to be "large" to have curves.

And here was another comment from a different woman:

"It's sad that society thinks curves are jelly rolls...kind of like chicks that are 300lbs and proud to have big tits that are "real". Yeah maybe real fat. I hate the human race....where fit is looked at as a sick obsession and being "thick" aka overweight and proud is acceptable." 

I agree with this comment more. Especially the part about people thinking that just because you like to workout, are fit and it shows, you have a "sick obsession". I agree because I've had to deal with people who think that very thing. I'm tired of defending my "obsession" to live a long healthy life.

I don't believe beauty is just fat or thin. It just doesn't work that way. I bet there are some incredibly gorgeous bodies out there with ugly personalities. Your beauty is not just outer beauty, it also comes from within. Be confident in yourself, no matter what your size. Be positive. Smile. Be kind. Be fun. be spunky. If you can do that, than you have perfect beauty!

No comments: