Sunday, November 28, 2010

break

My two week vacation from exercise ended today. Wow, that went fast. I must say the second week was a lot easier than the first. I was full of guilt the first week and really wanting to break my "vacation" but I kept telling myself I need it, I deserve it. By the second week I was like, eh...whatever ;) Funny how quickly that kicked in.

After 8 straight weeks of consistant training, I took a two week break. Just in time to prepare for and enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday. And since it was at my house this year (with 25 people) and I was cooking the bird, I was thankful to have the break. I used the free time wisely - cleaning, cleaning, cleaning! And baking a little too.

Today I was back at it, starting with my bodyweight exercises. High reps. Felt the burn, oh baby. My legs are rubbery. I love being back. And can't wait to see the improvements I will make now. You know, taking a rest like this every once in a while is critical. It's like one step back to get two steps ahead. And I'm ready for the two steps ahead!!

No comments: