Thursday, November 4, 2010

I feel great

I feel seriously great today. I don't remember the last time I felt THIS incredible. My energy level is actually scaring me! I've been flying around the house cleaning, organizing, etc. Today, my workout ROCKED. I felt SO strong, like I could lift a bus. Even my flexibility was off the charts today. I don't know what is going on but I love it! Maybe it's because I got to eat one of my favorite cheats last night: a deluxe butter burger from Culver's. Oh heaven!

So on Tuesday I did all bodyweight exercises. High reps. My quads were seriously sore yesterday. Today, I revamped my routine. I'm going to stick with most of the same exercises that I've been doing in the past (squats, deadlifts, chest press, etc) but I'll start doing double progression (adding reps and weight) and cutting back to 3 sets instead of 4. That way, I'm still doing the routine that I love and has kept me consistent while still changing something.

I walked past my bedroom mirror today on my way downstairs, after changing into my workout clothes, and I had to stop and go back for a second look. Most days I feel as though my body is NEVER changing and it depresses me. But today was different. I don't know if it is my high energy awesome mood or what, but I actually think I'm seeing improvement!.

My hamstrings seem a bit bigger. My quads look slightly more defined. I still have that stubborn layer of fat over the top that I need to rid myself of (there's negative Nelly again!) but I really think that muscle is growing. Let's hope I'm right.

No comments: