Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Feeling GREAT

Gonna treat myself to a belly piercing when my 6 weeks of MCT are over. I should've done something for myself after my 8 CONSISTENT weeks of hard core weight training. Well, I did I guess. I took 2 weeks off!

Anyway, it's going awesome! I feel great, I've got more confidence than ever and I am super motivated. I'm even eating like a rockstar! (stopped by Quality Bakery yesterday to treat my kids to donuts and I didn't have one) I love looking in the mirror and finding new definition that I've never noticed before: a nice line running up the middle of my chest, abs like YEAH, noticeable separation in leg muscles...

Tell me how lifting weights ISN'T the best form of exercise out there!!! And if you think it doesn't work your heart like cardio, you've obviously never done metabolic circuit training! 5 rounds of heart pumping, weight lifting, kick your ASS training rocks any boring run on the treadmill!!

But hey, to each his own. If you like that sort of thing, that's cool. I'm not here to judge. Only to document and share MY OWN progress. Success or failure with what I've tried in the past. What works for me, might not work for you. I totally thought running would get me the body I wanted once upon a time. Then I started reading about fitness.....a LOT. And found out, there is a much better way to get a bangin bod!

After I had my 3rd child, I ran. I was never a runner. But I got a treadmill and I ran. I also did Turbo Jam DVDs. (still do every now and then, they are so fun) I lost a ton of weight, I was thinner than ever. But I wasn't "in shape". I still had jiggly legs and a jiggly butt. What's gonna get rid of that? Not more running, I'll tell you that (tried that). It'll only get you so far. I started noticing changes, firming up, muscle definition, only after I started lifting weights.

Now it's an addiction. I LOVE the way it makes me feel. I love being in my weight room, my favorite music on the iPod, lifting. It's hard work. But it makes me feel strong and sexy. Looking back at the progress I've made really fires my motivation, too. I keep a notebook with all my stats so I know where I started and what I'm up to now. It's amazing to think how strong I've gotten, how much hard work I've put in. And I'm proud of it.

Muscle is sexy.
Train harder. Look better.

No comments: