Monday, December 27, 2010

I can do this!

Yesterday was the start of week 4 of the metabolic circuit routine. I can't believe how fast time has just flown by this past month! I did have an interruption in the grove due to Christmas but that's life, you have to expect those things to happen from time to time. It barely put a bleep in my consistency though. Everything is pretty much back on schedule. Everything got shifted back a day and starting Sunday, it will be pretty much all back to normal schedule. Next week I also start adding another day of MCT so I will be doing that 3 times per week instead of just two. And then still doing the 3 days of regular weight training.

Not a whole lot else to report there. Things are going good.

I decided after Christmas I really needed to buckle down and sacrifice a little more when it comes to diet. I certainly did a number on my body this past two weeks as far as sugar is concerned. I've eaten enough Christmas goodies to feed an army. That is over. It's behind me now. Starting the day after Christmas I declared myself "officially" on a healthy-as-possible diet plan. There is not that much time left until summer and if I don't start paying more attention to what I'm eating, all my hard work will have been for nothing. Because like I've said before, no amount of exercise will un-do a poor diet.

At this point, there are only a couple of things I need to do to get the results I'm hoping for by June 1st (which, incidentally was my goal date last year...sigh). And those things are 1)eating properly and I'm also going to have to start carb cycling (YUK....it's so hard) 2)bumping up the cardio (also yuk)
Because, when I combine weight training, with cardio and carb cycling.....BAM - that's when the magic happens.

It's going to be a hard few months. Lots of sacrifice, lots of reminding myself what I want and why it's important to me and then (hopefully) lots of reaping the rewards! I can do this!

No comments: