Friday, December 16, 2011

cauliflower crust pizza

Cauliflower is really my go-to vegetable. Not only is it tasty, it's very versatile. You can eat it raw, steam it, turn it into "rice" or "mashed potatoes"......even pizza "crust".

This is pizza I made for dinner tonight. The crust is made out of, yep, cauliflower. I never would have thought to make a pizza crust from a vegetable but I guess when you don't eat wheat, it forces you to get creative.

Another recipe I took from the "Wheat Belly" book. Although, I'm not going to share the recipe because I don't want to get into trouble sharing all the author's recipes. I'm pretty sure he'd rather you bought the book ;)


So much flavor packed into this meal. I put pizza sauce, red and orange bell peppers, scallions and black olives on mine. And mozzarella and parmesan cheese, of course. I think that if I play with cooking times, temperatures and the type of pan I use, I would be able to get a more crust like texture. This one resembled a frittata - more spongy. But really not bad for my first attempt.

Eating for health does require a little more effort, but these recipes have proven that it certainly doesn't have to be boring or bland!

No comments: