Thursday, December 8, 2011

Faith

Before I begin, thanks again to my dear friend Amanda for such encouraging words! I am not going to quit over Christmas, that would be so dumb! Muffin top gone in one week?! WOW! What kind of protein bars do you eat? I know if I could just cool it with the starchy carbs, I would see a total change. I'm trying....
Oh, and thanks for the salmon dip recipe! I tried it yesterday and even though I wasn't super crazy about it, I did discover that I LOVE canned salmon! Whoo hoo! Never tried it before, so it was a nice surprise. Something different than tuna for a change ;)

I'm almost feeling human again! Last night, after having dug into the Hershey's kisses with almonds more times than I care to admit, I decided to do sprints. I suddenly had so much energy (from all the sugar?) so I cleaned my bedroom and then thought "hmmm, I think I feel good enough to get some sprints done." And it was going to be a test, to see if I had a coughing attack or if I could handle it.

Turns out, I could handle it. Not only handle it, but totally ROCK it! I did 30 minutes and it felt easy. I could have gone longer but I didn't want to over do it. It has been two days since I've done any weight training. But only one full day of absolutely nothing. That isn't so terrible. Today, mom and I are going to squeeze in a gym workout between her doctor and hair appointments. It will be odd being there at lunch time.

My back is still a bit sore from Monday but not nearly as bad as I feared it would be. So everything seems to be falling into place again. I still have a rolling cough of course, but I have energy again and feel more like myself. Now, if I can just keep my hands out of the candy dish....

I've been wearing the same pair of jeans all week. It's a pair that I have never been able to wear comfortably. They were always so tight. Now, they are one of the most comfortable jeans I own. I have had them probably 10 years and just now can wear them with ease. It seems so unreal to think that right now, I am the smallest I've ever been in my adult life. My body has a different composition though. I can tell that my butt is different...slightly rounder. Because pants that I used to wear when I lost tons of weight after my 3rd child still fit me, but seem tighter in the butt area. And I'm ok with that, because the last thing I want is a pancake butt.

As far as measurements go, I don't know what it is, but I never feel they are very accurate. They seem to stand still, YET I fit into my clothes better. So I must be doing something wrong. I like to use my jeans as a measuring tool. Weight....haha. This is another strange tool of progress measurement. I was complaining of being at 107 not long ago. A couple days ago I was 114. That's a 7 pound fluctuation! I'm used to seeing 3-5lbs difference, but 7???

Anyway, I'm happier today since feeling like I'm "back". And I'm comforted to know that the last time I did sprints at the gym and it nearly killed me, I was getting sick. So, it was good that I took some time off.

I have faith that I will reach my goal by summer. Faith is trust. I trust that God will give me the knowledge and strength I need to get there.

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." - Hebrews 11:1

2 comments:

Amanda said...

good to hear you're "back in the saddle" again! keep it up. the muffin top hasnt completely disappeared at the back but when i had my jeans on they were bulging over and now the sides are smooth. if i dug into them im sure i could pinch some fat!! i should have taken photos.

Charlotte said...

hey, are you baking your own protein bars these days or do you have a store bought brand you like?