Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Flax Wrap Sandwich

I have been kind of whiny lately. I apologize sincerely for that. There is nothing more depressing than listening to a whiny, pessimist downer of a person, drone on and on about their problems.

So...this post will include no whining. I promise. And I will try very hard to be more positive and upbeat in the future.

Today, I tried something completely new and outside the box for me. I made a flax wrap. In the microwave. With very minimal ingredients. I'm talking, ground flax, eggs, spices, baking powder and water. It was phenomenal! I stuffed it with avocado, alfalfa sprouts and melted havarti. Yum!



Look at the beauty that is this homemade wrap! I think next time I make this, I will add meat of some kind. Canned salmon or tuna, perhaps?




I found the recipe for the wrap in the book "Wheat Belly". I am still on a wheat free diet (5 days now!) so this wrap was almost like getting to eat a bread product! Truth is, I haven't missed bread yet. Or cookies. But I honestly feel like a hefer eating all this FAT! I'm seriously bloated. I think I'm eating too much. I'm so used to eating every 2-3 hours, and so eating all this fat, I shouldn't need to eat so often. I guess it is something I'm going to need some time to get used to.

I really don't see myself on a wheat free diet for life. I would just miss certain things far too much. But maybe this experiment will make me change my mind in the long run. We'll see...

2 comments:

Amanda said...

oooooh that wrap looks delish! can you tell me how to make it please please please!

Charlotte said...

sure! Mix together 3 tbsp ground flax, 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp paprika, pinch of salt. Stir in 1 tbsp melted coconut oil. Beat in 1 egg and 1 tbsp water until blended. Grease microwave safe glass pie pan with coconut oil. Pour batter into pan and microwave on high 2-3 minutes. Cool 5 minutes. Makes 1 wrap.