Tuesday, December 27, 2011

It was good

I survived Christmas. The anti-wheat diet had to take a vacation. It just had to. I ate quite a lot of very naughty food. But I can still fit into my pants, so I guess I didn't do too much damage.

My brother and his family were here from Nebraska and it was so nice to see them. Dave is one of the only people in my family (besides me) that has a passion for fitness. And it's nice to talk to someone who shares that interest. He is a P90X fan. He recently started running again but it hurts him so bad from all the running he used to do in his younger years. His knees and ankles will never be the same. He likes weight training and plyometrics so it's fun to hear the kinds of workouts he does and share "secrets" with one another. He is 46 and he has an incredibly demanding and stressful job. It wouldn't be uncommon for him to put in long hours. But he's fit. "I'm too busy to workout" is not his mantra. He makes fitness a priority. That's passion, that's dedication. I'm so proud of him for it!

I am SO excited to start my January challenge. It's always nice to have something to look forward to after Christmas because it can be kind of a depressing time. All the excitement and anticipation is over and it's back to life as usual. So, for me, it's good to know I have that coming up.

As of now, it's been about a week since I've done anything as far as a workout goes. I've been super busy running my tail off getting ready for our big family Christmas. We hosted this year and I think there were around 25 people over. It's always a lot of work to host for a crew that big, but I love it. I'm thankful to have a home big enough to fit us all comfortably. It was one of the things that drew me in when we were house hunting, I knew it would be a perfect holiday home.

My cold is almost a memory. Only a slight cough lingers in the morning hours. And thankfully my back is just about back to normal as well. My body really just needed rest. And I am giving it 100% rest this week. Only lazy days ahead! I'll be able to start up in January fresh and ready to hit it hard again. Just the way I like it!

I guess I probably won't have much to blog about during the next week. But check back January 1st and follow my next challenge! 25 days of change! I can hardly wait!

No comments: