Monday, December 5, 2011

sick :( - Week 10 day 64

Turns out, I'm not as invincible as I thought. It took a lot of guts for me to admit that. Really, it did. I actually said that to my husband last night and he said, "Yeah, and it's nice for the rest of us to know it too."



I don't know if I never really got over my last cold or if Emma reinfected me, but this one is bad. I wake up at night drenched in sweat. I have a deep terrible cough and when I do any exercise which gets my heart rate up, my chest seems to just burn. I have little energy, yet I drag myself to the gym because I am so afraid of a setback. Although I know better. I know I need to give my body a few days to heal and get well. I don't think I'm really doing any good at the gym anyway when I can't give it 100%.

I did go to the gym this morning and tried my best. I had quads and calves. But since I did calves yesterday, I skipped them. The rest of the day I'm just going to relax. Really.

Yesterday I did shoulders/triceps/calves. I didn't feel well then either, but I went. Didn't go until about 2pm. And when I got home about 4, I felt even worse.

It's a low carb day today (officially). I'm going to try my hardest. I forgot to weigh and measure this morning. Will do that tomorrow.

I also messed up my lower back today. First exercise of the day. Leg press. Not sure what I did. But I think it was when I was pushing the weight to the very top of the machine and I lifted my butt and back of the cushion to get it up far enough to put the safety on and BAM. Who knows how long that is going to effect my workouts now. I'm a mess, huh?

Because it is the Christmas season, and I seem to be so focused on what I sometimes feel are selfish petty things, I want to turn my focus on Christ for a moment. I've found a lot of comfort in the words of the Bible lately. "Do not be afraid; for see - I am bringing you good news of great joy for all the people; to you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is the Messiah, the Lord." Luke 2:10

Wishing you all a happy and healthy holiday season!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

hi charlotte, you are the only one who truely understands my body vision and feel i am the same to you. we will keep each other going, remind each other why we are doing this and pick each other up and dust ourselves off when we fall. xxx
hope you get better soon - its frustrating when the mind is willing but the body isn't able. unfortunately we cant argue with our bodies in these circumstances and if we dont rest we will make it worse off and it takes longer to recover. you just gotta roll with it. remember its "70% diet, 20% exercise and 10% genetic" just keep eating clean and you wont fall behind.
this i what i had for lunch - blitz together 100g canned salmon, drained, 1/2 - 1 tablespoon 99% fat free ricotta, dill, juice of 1/2 lemon. turns into beautiful dip and i ate it with red capsicum (bell pepper) and cucumber sticks - yum. i just couldnt face a salad today and this felt like something naughty !!!
take care, xxxx