Saturday, December 3, 2011

ugh...

This past week sure didn't go as planned. I'm feeling a little bummed about it. Low calorie/low carb for me is SO hard. Tomorrow I should be stepping on the scale to find that I've lost a pound, or see some smaller measurements. Instead, I fear that I will be unchanged. And I know exactly what I've done (or not done) to make it an unsuccessful week.



This time of year is THE WORST time in the world to be on the strictest portion of a training plan. I'm supposed to be cutting calories and carbs while baking holiday treats.....right. In a way, I guess it helps being on a rigid plan during the holidays if nothing else, to prevent weight gain. But I would like to enjoy my holiday goodies. I am so torn between the baker in me and the fitness freak in me. They seem to have a tug of war so often. Most of the time the fitness freak wins.

Since I already knew this week was shot, I indulged in some freshly baked gingerbread cookies today. And I had to put the Nutella on top of our cabinets, waaaaay back in a corner where I could only reach it if I got out a step stool and where I couldn't see it. I have been into that jar more than once this week. I was doing SO good for such a long time and now I'm back to wanting sugar. I know why too. I haven't been drinking my green shakes. I've been lazy. They really do work. Low carb just wasn't a success this week either. I've been eating carbs in the evening, even right before bed which is a no-no.

I wish my husband would be a source of support during these difficult times, instead of telling me to eat up. No matter how much I beg and plead with him to try and understand how important it is to me, he just doesn't seem to care or think it's necessary that I put myself through these extremes. This can be a lonely journey. That is why this blog and my online support system is so important to me.

Mom called me at 10am this morning to see if I was ready to go to the gym. We had decided the day before to go a little later. But I was still in my pajamas, sitting on the couch, coughing and trying to summon enough energy to get dressed. So she told me she thought I should just rest today. I have a cold, and it wouldn't hurt me to take a day off. Fine. I will relax today. HAHAHAHA! Want to know how I did at relaxing? I cleaned the house all day. I don't know what's wrong with me. Even when I plan a day to relax and just lay around and take it easy, I can't. But right now, it's 8:30pm and I am listening to Christmas music in a dark room filled with cozy candles and Christmas lights twinkling. The house is clean, the laundry is done and I am completely at ease. The only thing that could make it better is if I had a fire going and it was snowing out.

Tomorrow was supposed to be a rest day but hopefully I will feel well enough to use it as a make up day for today. I would really hate to miss a shoulder workout!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

im hearin' ya charlotte. look ahead for the coming week not dwell on what you did or didnt do last week. work that little bit harder and get back on track. there will always be good days and bad days coz we are mums. if we were single and just had to look after ourselves imagine the results we would get - awesome. so i guess we have to compromise - as all mums do - with our lifestyle and do the best we can and take advantage of the good days. we will get there - it might take a little longer with our setbacks. as long as you yearn for it, you will work towards it. we shouldnt look to our hubbies or non believers for support - it makes it harder. flick through those oxygen mags and rewatch jamie easons videos on the fit challenge phases - she always puts me in the right frame of mind. JUST KEEP DOING IT!!! the house is clean, laundry done and you've done the baking - you are a good mum who looks after her family first. would you rather that or a messy house, dirty clothes but you got your workout done instead? which makes you feel better? some days we can do it all - some days we just cant, but thats ok. i have so much faith in you charlotte, you WILL get there, be patient and kinder to yourself. you are doing a great job. have a great productive week and enjoy the journey :) xxxx

Charlotte said...

Oh Amanda. I want to bawl everytime you type such wonderful things. I don't know what I would do without your encouraging words and support. I am truly blessed by your friendship. Thank you so much for being my friend =)