Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Cellulite

 
This is not a picture of me. But I feel it closely resembles me because the girl in this picture is "skinny fat". She is obviously small, and I bet she looks great in skinny jeans (other than having no butt), but at the beach, she's a hot mess! This is probably the result of cardio and dieting.

I, too, feel like a hot mess at times. I don't like my legs. I have big hips and skinny legs. I've got what are affectionately referred to as "good birthin' hips". HAHA.....haha.....ha....eh

And, of course, like 99% of women on the planet, I have cellulite. So I was looking for inspiration. I found a little here: http://www.sherunswild.com/2011/05/these-legs-were-made-for-running.html#!/2011/05/these-legs-were-made-for-running.html It was about how even the most in shape people have cellulite.

And from there, I went here: http://www.mile-posts.com/2011/05/my-thighs-rub.html
I shared this link yesterday, about the woman with 3 kids who has run 20 marathons. She says even after all that running, she still has cellulite. But she doesn't care. Her attitude is very inspiring.

Hats off to the dedicated ones who are running with cellulite concealed beneath their under armour running tights, and not caring one single bit.

My problem is that I DO care. If that makes me superficial or vain or whatever the word - so be it. It bugs me more than ANYTHING in the world - having cellulite. I hate it and I want to get rid of it. It's always been my goal to shape my legs so as to make cellulite less noticeable. After running and dieting all those years ago, and just ending up looking worse, I started training with weights in hopes of building muscle that would push up against my skin and iron out the lumps. But, as you all are well aware, I don't gain anything very easily.

My mom is forever trying to convince me to give up. "Genetics just aren't on your side with this one." I'm destined to be lumpy, no matter what I do. Her doctor even gave HER this same advice. Well, I call BS on that one. I don't care what some doctor told her 30 years ago. I don't believe it. I think there is something that can be done. A lot of hard work in the weight room and enormous control in the kitchen. I believe if I can get myself to consistently stay on track with those two things, I will win.

What do you think? Can it be done? Especially when one has such a hard time gaining muscle?


And on a totally unrelated note...

I really like these sarcastic cards on someecards.com. Here's one of my favorites, since it applies to me so well...lol:

 
and here is one of my own creations. Haha....
I'm sure this is how a lot of people feel.


someecards.com -

No comments: