Tuesday, October 23, 2012

yes

The more I read this, the more I realize how true it is. I'm changing. Every year I evolve. Last year's goals are not this year's goals. Right now, I'm not so focused on every flaw I have or how I'm not this or that. Instead, I'm trying to focus on being happy. I just want to be happy.

I watched a video Jamie Eason posted on FB a few weeks ago when she was having a bad day. She was sad because her husband lost a job because of some racey pictures she had taken in her past. She is the same age as me. She has a phenomenal body. She has always inspired and motivated me. But recently she got me thinking. She said that even though she had a great body, was getting on the covers of all kinds of magazines and sounded like she had it all - she wasn't happy. I'm not sure why she wasn't happy, only that she said she wasn't. And I've heard this story time and time again from models and other seemingly "perfect" people who are unhappy. I started to think maybe it was time to stop stressing over trying to obtain MY "perfect" body and start LIVING with the one I have! Because aging is inevitable. One day, I will look back on these days and wish I had the body I have now. It makes me think....

And what will I really have accomplished if I achieve the body of my dreams?
 
 And to give you an example, Dana Linn Bailey is pretty much my dream body.
She is SMOKIN' hot!!
I've watched some of her training videos and she really is awesome.


Sure, I would be super ecstatic if I had a body like hers. BUT, what would I use it for? I mean, I'm not going to be in the fitness industry. I'm not going to try and get on magazine covers or win figure competitions. So WHY why why why why is it important? And the answer is....it just isn't. I'm far happier when I can enjoy dessert with my family once in a while. When I don't have to stress about making sure I'm swallowing all the right supplements, getting my macros just right, eating enough protein and timing my meals just right, bringing food with me everywhere I go. All so that I can try to achieve a body that will ultimately do absolutely NOTHING for me except probably give me an ego boost. I think if I keep my focus a little more chill about my body, and just eat and exercise for health, I will be the most happy.

That one little saying made an impact. "sometimes the things we can't change end up changing us"

No comments: