Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Howdy y'all!

I'm baaaaaaack!

Ok, so I wasn't gone all that long. But still, it seems like forever to me.

Everyone in my household has been sick the last week or two and a few days ago, I started getting stuffy and thought "oh crap!". Luckily, I think the worst is over. I never got the cough everyone else had. Just bad sinus pressure and stuffy/runny nose. But today I am already feeling better. That was the shortest cold ever! I'm still feeling stuffy, but it's not nearly as bad.

So today, I got to play "trainer" again. My niece has asked me to help her out and of course I was more than willing! I love this stuff! It's only the second day (just started on Sunday) I am making her work hard! And she is taking everything I dish out. What bad ass! She says she hasn't done any real exercising in about 5 years, but she really knows how to push it. Through exhaustion and the burn....she pushes. It's very inspiring! I'm the one that is supposed to be motivating her and pushing her but her dedication and strong will is motivating me! If she can do it, I better be able to!

She works a full time job, is a college student and has very little free time. But she's smart. And devoted. This is how I know she will be successful in everything she does. The number one best way to assure success with workouts when you are as busy as she is, is to SCHEDULE IT. And that is what we have done. Before we even started, we found time in her busy schedule for her to squeeze in 4 workouts a week. Sometimes it's in the morning, sometimes it's in the afternoon. But it doesn't matter when you do it, as long as you do it, right?!

I am so excited to see how her strength and fitness improves in the next 3 months. And her body as well. We have set a 3 month goal because it's possible to make a total change in that amount of time. With hard work, some sacrifice and a LOT of dedication - it will happen.

And I am just totally flattered every time I get asked for advice or help with anything diet or fitness related. It makes me think, yeah, I am fit and it shows! People notice that what you are doing for yourself is working and they want to do it too! In fact, just the other day at the gym, a woman approached me and asked me to show her the exercise I was doing. After I showed her, it was very difficult for her. She was really surprised at how hard it was. I guess I made it look easy ;)

The same is true for Chelsea. Even a weight that would be really light for myself, she might struggle with. I am a lot stronger and more fit than I give myself credit for. Sometimes you have ah-ha moments like these and it's just what you need to fire up that motivation. Those days when I think that I'm a cupcake because I don't squat 180lbs or I can't curl 40lbs for 10reps, I need to remember that it's progressive and I'm doing the best I can for my ability. We are all on different levels so it's ridiculous to compare yourself to other's abilities. The #1 thing you should focus on is giving YOUR 100%.....not someone else's.

I super proud of Chelsea because she is giving 110% of HER best. And she is going to reap the benefits.

No comments: