Wednesday, October 10, 2012

happy happy joy joy

I don't know if this is a fluke, but I'm gaining weight!!!!!

It can't be a fluke though because I am in the leanest part of my female cycle right now. Meaning, I'm not bloated, holding onto water, etc. My stomach is nice and flat, I don't feel blubbery, and strangely, I am still able to fit in my size 2 skinnies. Which can only mean that I'm gaining MUSCLE!!

I can't tell you how excited I am, but I'm sure you can probably guess. I don't remember the last time I weighed myself. It's been a looooong time. I got so frustrated seeing 112 all the time, no matter how much I eat, that I just gave up. So on a whim, I decided to just check it out. I'm up to 117lbs!! Up 5 pounds! Woot!

My new training schedule and workouts have definitely busted my plateau! Thanks Jimmy! Although I haven't been following the macro nutrient rotation very closely (this is always my biggest problem) it seems as though I'm doing just fine.

Today, my mom AND my niece are going to the gym with me today. It's always so much more fun to workout with someone. Not that we workout together, per se, just that we are all there at the same time. It's like silent support, if that makes any sense. Oh, and I have to tell you, Chelsea lost 2 pounds last week!!! I'm SO stinkin' proud of her! And she was excited about going to the gym again, which made me totally happy. I hope she joins.

Things are DEFINITELY going good here!!


1 comment:

Amanda said...

putting weight on is good news ????!!!!!!!
i cringe at the thought! However, I'm at the part where I ignore the scales totally and rely on my skinnies to guide me. I'm still on the ketosis diet but if I plateau in the next few weeks I'll turn to weights again and add 2 more carb servings (heaven !!). That last couple of inches on the hips are always the hardest (needless to say!) and I dont think its healthy to be in ketosis for more than 3 months at a time.
Do you ever measure yourself with calipers?
(I'm glad you're still blogging xxx)