Sunday, October 21, 2012

how to shape up that butt

 
"I like big butts and I cannot lie...."
 
Well, I do. Not BIG butts. Not FAT butts. Nice round, muscular butts.
This is one of the reasons I use strength training as the main focus of my workouts. Because, while any and all forms of exercise are good for your health, not all are going to help you get a but like this:
 
In fact, some workouts get you a butt like this:
 
 
It's funny to me how a company trying to sell fitness clothing would choose a model with a saggy flat butt to show off their gear!
 
I'm on a little butt kick today because I got a HUGE compliment yesterday. I asked my husband to tell me what he liked best about me and he said my sense of humor and my butt! I never expected that in a million years! Sense of humor, yes. Butt, no. So I thought that made me "qualified" to share my butt shaping tips with y'all ;)
 
Look at this picture:
 
 
skinny and flat
YUK!
 
So, how do we avoid the flat saggy butt? Here are some suggestions:
1) Take it easy on the cardio. It does nothing to help the flat and saggy issue.
2) Stop sitting so much
3) We all know that squats and lunges help our butts. But many of you (like me) have done more than your fair share of squats and lunges over the years. Your body needs change from the same old same old. Try these VERY helpful variations:
 
All of the following are included in my arsenal of butt shaping exercises
  • single leg squats - hold onto a chair if you're a beginner
  • bridge butt lifts - I do tons of these (single leg it if you can and use a ball!)
  • step ups - the key here is to only use your front or stepping foot. Don't push yourself up with the foot that remains on the floor.
  • split squat/single leg static lunge
  • single leg bent knee touch downs
  • get on the treadmill at MAX incline and walk. GREAT butt exercise.
  •  
Remember, you don't even need weights to do these movements. But don't just go through the motions. Use SLOW and CONTROLLED movements so you feel the burn. It can be just as hard as using heavy weight!
 
4) Drink a whey protein shake with BCAAs and creatine after your workouts. This will help you build your butt. You can't be in "diet" mode.
 
 

 
Don't go for skinny. Go for muscular and strong. Which do you think you're husband would prefer?
 

 
 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems shapely backsides are more fashionable than ever. Witness the many images of curvaceous stars on the pages of celebrity magazines, Everywhere you turn, eyes are on bottoms. And whatever the shape of your butt, chances are, you want to improve upon it. Just try this http://tinyurl.com/datingadvicex this will help you to get better butt ever I found it very beneficial for me…