Friday, October 5, 2012

I think I found my next window sticker....

Why is it that you never see any window decals with weight on it? Like, 330lbs. 180lbs. 50lbs. Probably because A) no one cares B) no one cares and C)...what was C again? Oh yeah, NO ONE CARES!

I had gotten a free window decal from Bodybuilding.com once. I think it must have been inside a package of supplements I bought at one time. It's been sitting in a basket in my kitchen for months. Every once in a while I take it out and think "should I put it on?". Then I shake my head and throw it back in the basket. I don't know what it is, I just can't bring myself to put it on the car.

It's not that I'm ashamed to like body building. Quite the opposite, really. I don't know, maybe I just don't want to advertise it too much. I don't generally like to draw attention to myself in ANY way. I don't like to seem overly proud of myself for anything either. My mom is ALWAYS bragging up EVERYTHING I do. It's really embarrassing. And when she constantly tells me how good I am at something or how beautiful, wonderful, talented, yadda yadda yadda I am, I say "No I'm not". I always tell her she biased. What mother doesn't think their kids are the best everything? I know what I'm good at, partially good at and not at all good at.

She'll tell me I don't give myself enough credit. I'll say "No. I'm just a realist". I know that even though I love body building, I certainly don't look like I do. And maybe that's why I don't want to display the decal. Because I'd be the toothpick getting out of the van with the bodybuilding.com decal.

And, my husband would never drive the van again.

No comments: