Friday, September 28, 2012

Busy busy busy!!

I don't think I've ever been so busy! But I've been busy in a good way. Mostly.

I was dreading the school year because my kids seem to be perpetually sick when they are in the germ infested school. They were healthy and illness free all summer. Not even a month back in school and they were all sick. Now my husband is sick. I reeeeeally hope I don't get it. So far so good.

I was a little bummed that I couldn't go to customer appreciation day at Courts Plus today because Emma was home with a fever (again). Oh well. I got a lot of work done. There were a ton of photos to go through and edit. I had a photo session with a terrific family last night in Lindenwood park where all the leaves are really in the peak of their beauty. I was absolutely in my element! Nothing makes me happier than being behind the lens. I'm so blessed to finally have a job that I love.

Everything seems to be going so good right now. For once, there are things occupying my mind other than fitness goals. And it's nice. It makes me feel less selfish. Because when you let fitness endeavours rule over your life, it becomes all about YOU all the time. Suddenly, not only your life, but the lives of your family members, revolve around your goal. One day, you wake up and you realize you are starting to plan family vacations to benefit YOUR goal. Those nice family bike rides you take have to be balls to the wall or nothing at all. You leave the kids in your dust because you don't have a slow-down-and-enjoy-life-switch. You live it and breathe it and think it's awesome because your just so much more dedicated than the average person. And it is dedication. It becomes a priority. And it's work. Not only physically but mentally. Because you think about it ALL the time. It's sacrifice. It is a huge part of your life. But it doesn't have to rule your life.

I feel I must apologize to my friends and family, I have been very preoccupied in the past few months preparing to dive into this new career I've made for myself. I've had so much to do that I literally have not had a moment to spare. I hope you all understand. I probably won't be blogging a whole lot anymore, but I will try and keep up my journaling and venting and deep thoughts (oh boy!). [I will get at that menu, Chels!] Also, I want to say thank you SO MUCH to all of you who have supported me and gave me encouragement through this process. Without it, I don't think I would have had the guts to take this leap. I am truly blessed to have such wonderful people in my life! It reminds me of this quote,

"Help others get ahead. You will always stand taller with someone else on your shoulders."

Thank you. I've learned the greatest lesson in selflessness and kindness through you.

No comments: