Monday, September 24, 2012

I love Mondays!!

I say this a lot. People think I'm weird. Most people dread Mondays.

It's so refreshing to me to start another week. It's a chance to start over. I know that you don't need to wait until a Monday to start over if you've been doing things "wrong", but it's always been my reset day.

It's like going to church on Sunday and getting a week's worth of sins forgiven. I always feel so good when I come home from church "sin free". It's a chance to do better the following week. If I haven't been the best friend, mother, daughter, sister, wife, etc., I feel like my mistakes from the past week are just that....in the past, and I can start over fresh and new being a better person.

And that's how it is with my fitness life as well. Mondays always seem like the perfect day to start fresh. New ideas, new motivation, new start.

So the "new" for this week that I am trying out are as follows:

1) I've been doing a LOT more sitting than usual since the launch of my business www.PrintsCharmingND.com (for those of you who haven't checked it out). Feel free to like Prints Charming on Facebook as well ;) But this week, to combat that lazy stiff feeling I get from too much sitting, I plan on setting my timer to go off every hour so that I can get up and do a mini workout to keep the blood flowing. Here it is:
  • 10 push ups
  • 20 prisoner squats
  • 1 minute jumping jacks
  • 20 pendulum lunges
  • 15 crunches
2) I also want to try the 12 minutes of sprints per week too. What that is, basically, is at random 1 minutes intervals (4 times per day on 3 days of the week) I will sprint. This will be in addition to the 2- 10 minute interval sessions I do each week. I really want to try this and document any results from it. I know I've mentioned it before but I never stuck to it.

3) Leg lifts every night before bed. I really want to work on strengthening my legs in all ways possible by working muscles in different ways. These are really very easy, but if you do them right, go really slow and controlled, you get a great burn. Especially with ankle weights on.

4) And of course, I'm always wanting to eat better than the previous week. Making sure to get enough veggies and fruit every day. Eating lots of lean protein. And getting two higher carb days in on my two toughest training days.

What do you plan on doing differently this week?

No comments: