Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My promise

Well, I have successfully completed one cycle in my leaning out phase. 3 low carb days and 1 high carb day (today).

It wasn't bad! I didn't have any starchy carbs since Saturday and today I had bread for breakfast, a quesadilla for lunch and a multi grain pancake for dinner (of course I had other things too, just mentioning my carb intake here). I also had a few Nutgrain crackers and tortilla chips for snacks. Which aren't the best choices. Obviously food in it's raw state is always the best. It could have been far worse. I didn't treat the day like a "cheat" day, which means it was a success for me. And I'm ready for the next low carb cycle to begin tomorrow.

I've been amping up my exercise as well. I have spent the winter trying to add as much muscle mass as I possibly could, which meant I had to shy away from a lot of cardio. I did some every now and then, nothing major. But now that spring is here and it's time to shed the extra fat, I need to focus on the cardio.

I've been keeping up with my same weight training routine (gotta maintain that muscle) and adding some time on the treadmill to the end of those training sessions (30 minutes). And on off days, I'll do 45 minutes (like I did tonight). I gotta say, it feels pretty good. And I can do nothing but smile when I think of the changes I will make to my body by summer, just by implementing the zig-zag method and more cardio.

In fact, I'm so certain that I will love my results, I am willing to post some bikini pictures in June (which is my goal deadline). There it is, it's out there, can't take it back now! I'm owning this!

Let's shed that winter fat people! Who's with me???

Bikini pictures....that's a promise!! THAT is how confident I am that I will reach my deadline with a met goal.

No comments: