Monday, March 29, 2010

SUCCESS!

One week has past since I first took my "official" measurements and decided to try carb cycling & increasing cardio. Well, that was the golden ticket for me because my plateau is officially BUSTED! Check it out:

3/21/2010:
weight: 117.6
hips: 37"
thighs: 21"
waist: 25"
belly button: 27"

3/28/2010:
weight: 115.4
hips: 36.5"
thighs: 20.5
waist: 25"
belly button: 26"

How's THAT for progress!! I am totally stoked! Plugging my stats into the equations given in the Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle book, it shows more of a lean body mass loss than a fat loss (which is typically bad), that's okay for the first week. He says that tends to happen at first (probably because more water is lost at first). But, I need to watch it, and if the trend is a steady decrease in lean body mass I'll need to eat more on my high carb days.

Anyway, you can't argue with the tape measure. Half an inch off the hips! I am feeling total bliss today. And it's just fueling me to work just as hard (if not harder) to reach my goal. Because I know it is attainable. Naysayers, EAT THAT!

This past weekend was off days as far as weight training was concerned. But I did cardio both days - 30 minutes Saturday & 45 minutes Sunday. Then I had my first cheat meal that week. It consisted of french fries and a crispy chicken sandwich from Space Aliens. It was good but I was SO dehydrated afterwards. I must have drank a gallon of water. I think it served as a good reminder of why I don't eat that crap anymore! It just makes you feel so lousy. Next time, I'm going to go for a big chocolate covered donut instead :)

I'm one step closer to my goal! Awesome! I wish you all the same great results with your fitness endeavors!

No comments: