Monday, April 12, 2010

Bad week :(

Last week was not good from a diet/fitness standpoint. I started off a little weaker than usual, I blame it on having to eat pie at Easter dinner. Seriously, I was blindfolded and forced to eat it. I have pictures to prove it :)

Anyway, not eating sugar for two weeks, and then getting it reintroduced into my system, drove me mad! I think I ate more pie/cheesecake/cake in the past week than I have in the past 3-6 months! sigh....

I didn't feel much like taking my measurements yesterday...I knew after my horrible week I wouldn't see any improvement. I'm bloated and miserable.

But today is a "refresh" day. I am telling my body to hit the "refresh" button and forget last week ever happened. On a positive note, I did make it farther into the carb cycling than I ever have before! I did 4 consecutive cycles without flubbing. Then I had a week of stupidity. Now I'm going to pick it back up again, where I left off.

I ran outside yesterday morning. It was the perfect morning, calm and sunny. My 7 year old ran the first lap around our beautiful neighborhood with me. She is practicing up for the mile youth run next month! This morning, her legs were really sore...it was so cute. I'm glad that I at least have one child that seems to be interested in picking up the good habit of exercise. Hopefully she will continue to be a motivator for me.

I feel a little embarrassed telling you about my failed past week, since I've been writing these "inspiration" and "motivation" posts. And then there is the "I'd rather feel awesome all the time when I hit my goal than awesome for 5 minutes while eating junk...." blah blah blah. Well, apparently I have human days like everyone else. I can really see a difference in motivation levels from that post to the past week! HA HA! I feel like a hypocrite! I need some encouragement! I need that push.

I was so excited to get downstairs and workout hard every morning and lately it has seems less than thrilling. I don't know why that is, honestly! I would have thought my oomph would be thru the roof after getting such awesome results on my plan. Maybe that is what is making me lazy. Maybe I'm getting into a comfort zone again. AGH!

Anyway, here's hoping that a better week lies ahead for me. I have the power to make it great or make it suck. I DO! I am going to decide for myself right now that it will be great!

Have a good one.

No comments: