Saturday, April 17, 2010

Happy Saturday

oh me oh my....I've been neglecting my journal. Shame on me! It's just been a whirlwind of a week.

It is absolutely GLORIOUS outside today in Fargo, ND!! No wind for a change, blue skies and sunshine. It was a perfect day for a run outside this morning. And a lot of other people thought the same thing cuz I sure met a lot of other happy runners!

On the fitness front:
My training is taking a turn. Starting to get into a boring runt with the weight routine. Even though I've mixed up the sets/reps situation, I'm bored. And when I'm bored with it, it becomes a daunting task. And I don't want to be dreading my workouts.

I've pulled out some of my good old DVDs of Jari Love. Know of her? She's really beautiful and encouraging. Her routines are tough though. She does a lot of high (I mean HIGH) reps lower weight stuff. Works up the lactic acid with pulses that leave your muscles burning and screaming by the end. Love it! Anxious to see if I will notice any changes in body composition after a month of that, since I'm used to heavy weight, low reps. That ought to be a good shock for the old muscles!

Diet:
You may remember that I was carb cycling a while back. Was doing great! Lost an inch around the hips in two weeks (WOW). Then I had a moment of weakness, that turned into a week of weakness, that turned into "the hell with it!". I made it through 4 cycles (a personal best for me....cuz it's hard). I was planning on 12 weeks BUT, it ain't gonna happ'n capt'n. So, right now I'm just enjoying life. Eating right, trying not to take my calorie intake past maintenance. I don't expect to see amazing or fast results by summer.

One thing that I have continued with is my ramped up cardio sessions. I'm still running most days of the week 45 minutes or there abouts. And like I said, I'm still hitting the weights 3 times per week.

All is well.

No comments: